Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The beast inside

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Fliptastic29's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dark, Black, Beast,
    answer my call,
    for i am no longer afraid.
    Why have you been running for so long?
    I thought i lost you deep in the woods,
    but then i saw your blood,
    dripping so violently off the trees;
    A dark red tapestry of your fear.
    I once ran a long ways to get away from you,
    but now the tables turn,
    Yes i will,
    i will strike you down,
    for i have indured to many scars.
    Go to sleep sweet beast,
    go to sleep;
    for sleep is what you need,
    you've been awake to long,
    a flame untouched;
    I hear your cry,
    I smell your fear,
    I feel your pain,
    Because as I kill you I kill myself,
    slowly,
    slowly kill myself,
    For I am half evil and you are that part,
    that part that i will always allow to endure...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sarafina mable's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this is a great premise for a piece, the devil that is you at times. i think this could use a once over erasing all unnecesary word choices--see where that leads you. right now while it is a good idea and start, i think it could really be more effective if it was 'tightened' up a little.

    "A dark red tapestry of your fear."
    --i love this line! its so perfectly descriptive and unique.

    "Go to sleep sweet beast,
    go to sleep;
    for sleep is what you need,"
    --these particular lines came off a bit cheesy to me. i dont' know if its the wording, or the repetition.

    "For I am half evil and you are that part,
    that part that i will always allow to endure..."
    --there is no way to not relate to this self-destructive pattern, of allowing your own evils to 'endure' you. although, we often feel as if we are 'enduring' them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •